Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pinnacle Park

Another park we went to in West Virgina was Pinnacle Park. At this park, there are some rock toys the kids loved climbing on. There's also a trail you can hike up to get to some gorgeous views.

Abbi and Kate

Ethan climbed to the top of the rock toy.

All the kids climbing on the rock toy.

Kate at the very top! She climbed up here all by herself!

This is the beginning of the trail. Don't let the stairs fool you. It was so steep. That combined with the humidity made the journey a bear. I was grateful for the railing!

But, at the top, here's the view. Blankets of green as far as the eye can see.

Ethan, Josh, and Jake at the look out point.

Josh and Jake looking at a small cave.

I let Josh and Jake go off the trail to sit on these rocks...

...later I learned this is what is on the other side of that rock! Yikes!
Aside from the mini heart attack I had after realizing my boys were almost sitting on the edge of that cliff, we had a great time. The kids really enjoyed their time together. It made me grateful for all the family relationships and friendships I have.

1 comment:

  1. You're having some great adventures! It's so fun exploring and discovering new things together. It's beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete