Monday, October 11, 2010

The Big E

Last month we got to go to The Big E. Now, I've been to fairs before, but this is by far the biggest one I have ever been to. It's a fair to celebrate the New England states and it's held once a year and lasts for 2 weeks. This fair has all the things you would expect to see at a fair...and then some. We ate greasy food, saw animals, rode rides, and walked and walked. It was a blast. We took so many pictures that you might get a taste of what it was like to be there.

Here are Jake and Josh with their lunch of choice. The mega corn dog. If you're wondering, Jake actually ate all of his and Josh ate all but a few bites!

These next few pictures take place at the petting zoo portion of the fair. This was one of Kate's favorite spots as she loves the animals.

Kate petting her new friends, the goats.

This goat really liked the woman behind Kate. She had food!

Kate and Robb with one of the llamas.

Here is a picture of everyone (but me, since I was the photographer) and the llama they wanted to bring home. We'll just call him Spits.

Josh getting in on the feeding action.

Here is a picture of a baby donkey taking it's afternoon nap. We all should do this!

Now, you'll see what some of the rides were like. This part of the fair was Josh and Jake's favorite part! We spent more time on the Midway then at any other part of the fair.

Getting ready to SWING.

Going into the deep, dark, tunnel of the Mouse Trap.

Getting ready to go up....

...higher...

...and higher still!

Yes, my boys are actually on what looked like to me, the spinning death trap of doom.
(No, I didn't go on this ride.)

More spinning. I sat out.
The swinging ship

Getting ready to blast off...like superman!

Is it a bird, is it a plane? No! It's Josh and Jake.
(Side note: Look at the gorgeous sky! It was a great day!)

Here we are on a submarine ride that goes in the air. You can see Kate's head peeking over the seat. Look closely. She's there.
Watching a parade...

Here are some horses in the parade. They were enormous and beautiful!

Despite the crowds, we had a wonderful time. We saw some fun things and enjoyed the beautiful weather! I think I might actually go again.

3 comments:

  1. looks like a lot of fun Stacey!! Your boys certainly have an adventurous spirit. I wouldn't have been on those rides either. I'm so glad that you are enjoying your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fair but haven't been to one in years. I know that every year the Davis County fair rolls around I think that we should go, but we don't. We're totally lame. However, I could go for one of those corn dogs and eat the entire thing. I LOVE corn dogs.
    In fact, I make corn muffins out of the muffin mix and throw hot dogs inside and bake 'em up. That way I get the thrill of tasting corn dogs without the zillion calories that they have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun. Nothing better then a good fair. The kids look like they are having the time of their lives!!!

    ReplyDelete