Thursday, July 21, 2011

I can't believe my kids are growing up!

I can't believe my kids are growing up. I really can't. With the end of this past school year, Josh and Jake finished elementary school. They graduated from 4th grade and will be moving up to middle school this next year. Their 4th grade year was great. They had a terrific teacher that really took an interest in them and made the transition to a new school and a new state really smooth. We love, Mrs. Deeb! The last week of school they were able to celebrate with a 4th grade Moving Up ceremony complete with a Students Only party-no parents allowed! Here are some pictures of the ceremony I was "allowed" to be at:

Lake Garda graduation cake

A second cake with all the 4th graders names on it.
(Josh and Jake's names are in the first row on the left.)

My boys with their certificates.

Along with the boys moving up, Kate also had a graduation ceremony from Joy School. She completed her 1st year exceptionally well. She absolutely loves school and all of her friends. She learned so much and now has a love of music and all things school. This next year we are going to continue with Joy School and also start getting her ready for kindergarten. (Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! She will be in school before I know it! WOW!) Here are some pictures of Kate's graduation ceremony:

Kate with all of her school friends:
Eliza, Kate, Grace, and Lizzie
She affectionately calls all of these girls her "best friends."

Kate getting ready for her performance. Each girl got to pick one of their favorite songs from the school year and sing it for the group. They also performed a few songs together.

Kate and I singing Doodle Caboodle, Kate's song choice. It's a song all about being silly!

All of the girls doing their Joy School cheer.
Kate in her graduation cap that she made.

All of the graduates...
This next school year will bring many exciting things. With a new school, new things to learn and new challenges we are all bound to grow in good ways. I say bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment