Friday, August 20, 2010

Bluefield Orioles Baseball Game

In West Virginia, we went to a baseball game and watched the Bluefield Orioles play. It was a great game...they killed the other team! It had been a long time since I'd been to a baseball game and it was fun to be there. The kids even lasted all 9 innings!

Here are the kids with the Oriole. He was very entertaining. Kate was infatuated with him as soon as she saw him. If he wasn't in sight she would keep asking where "the bird" was. Then she would get all excited when she found him again. It was funny!
Jake, Kate, and Josh
Between innings, there were different activities on the field for the crowd to watch. My kids were asked to participate. Here are the things they did:

Kate got to dance with the bird. She was very excited about it and was dancing in the stands. Unfortunately, when she got down on the field she got a bit of stage fright in front of all those people so she didn't show off her moves. I think she got extra points for being so adorable though.
Jake and Josh were asked to participate in a tug of war. We thought there would be a lot of people participating, but it turned out that they were the only two. They wished they could have been on the same team!
Here is a picture from the stands.
Here are some pictures of us hanging out in the stands during the game:

This is Stef, my mom, and Abbi. Rich is behind them.
Adam and Ethan
Kate cheering for the Orioles.
Josh just chilling.
Jake
Josh and Kate

2 comments:

  1. What a fun trip in West Virginia!! Looks likes tons of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baseball. And it kills me that I haven't even gone to one Bees game yet. It's my goal every summer to do so but I never seem to get there. I'm glad you did.

    ReplyDelete