Monday, June 7, 2010

My Trip to Connecticut

Over Memorial Weekend I was able to fly out to Connecticut to visit Robb. I was so excited to see him! I hadn't seen him for 3 whole weeks-which is the very longest we have been apart. While I was in Connecticut we were able to do some house hunting. It was fun to see the area and look at houses we could potentially buy. We found some we like and now just need to narrow it down to the one we will buy.
Robb was also able to take me to ESPN and give me a tour of where he works and what he does. Right now Robb directs ESPN News. It was neat to see the control rooms and be in some of the studios where they do shows like ESPN News, SportsCenter, Sports Nation, and Baseball Tonight.

Robb in the ESPN News studio.
One of the many sports themed hallways at ESPN. I had to get a picture of the BYU helmet!

Here I am in the football hallway. It's much neater in person.
Come for a tour when you are in Connecticut!


While I was there we also met some people from the ward we attended who invited us to a foil dinner cookout. It was fun to socialize with these nice people. They really made us feel welcome. On the way to the cookout, we saw a sign on the side of the road that said Satan's Kingdom, Next Right. When we saw that sign we thought we must have read it wrong but sure enough at the next right was the sign below. We had to get this picture!
I had a wonderful time with Robb in Connecticut. I was sad to leave him! Now I'm just waiting for when we will all be together again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you could go to Connecticut to see Rob and where he works. I sat by your mom in Sunday School and chatted with her. She's really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was fun to go see Robb. I have missed him so much!
    My mom is wonderful! She volunteered to watch all of our kids while I was gone. She is really nice!

    ReplyDelete